Pages

{diy} decorations

thought i'd highlight some of the easy diy projects i did in the nursery.
just in case any of you want to make some...

the embroydery hoop wall:
these are all so. so. so. easy to make!
for the regular ones:
you purchase fabric, and a hoop. place the smaller hoop under your fabric, and then place the top hoop over your fabric and tighten. then cut the fabric hoop from the rest of your fabric, but leave a 1" variance so you can hot glue it to the inside of the hoop. done.
for the bunting hoop:
i cut small triangles out of my fabric & bias tape. then i used iron on double stick infusible webbing to attach it to my cheese cloth. (it's what i had, i would usually use white cotton, but i was trying to only use things on hand.)
one thing i did before ironing is putting my hoop on and then tracing a rough line of where i want my bunting to go. this made it easier to then line everything up w/o the hoop on for the ironing portion.
for the flower one:
i made little synched or gathered flowers from left over fabric in the babies room. add a button w/ hot glue, glued my ric-rac w/ hot glue & placed the flowers on w/ hot glue. easy peasy, nice & easy.
for these bird canvas' i followed this tutorial. so easy and so fun! done & done.
for my lamp shade i used one i found at target.
(word of warning though...make sure it's meant to be a hanging lamp and not a standing lamp. thankfully the hubby has mad skills and was able to jimmy-rig it to stay up.)

i ripped the entire lamp shade off to get to the form...then realized there was a ton of nasty stickiness on the top & bottom, so i hot glued bias tape to the top & bottom of the frame.

then i used lots of scraps (some i had and some i made by cutting 1.5" to 2" strips of fabric) to tie to the sides of the lamp. put on a movie and tied away. the original inspirational post is here.
i just had to add some adorable cherry blossoms to her room and basically made my wishing tree over again, but with fake branches from beverly's. i added a little pink ric-rac to make it not SO dark pink.

lastly, i made a car seat tent the other day. it was exhausting and easy all at the same time. not sure i'll make another one, but i do love it!!

now i just need a little one to put in it!!

i'm going to be linking up w/ a few sites. enjoy looking at all the creative craftiness out there too! have a great weekend.

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!









19 comments:

  1. Ooh! That lamp is gorgeous. I really like the colors that you used. The rickrack on the cherry blossoms really makes a cute thing cuter. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous nursery and I love the car seat tent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it all looks so great! That's one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the cutest ideas! I am inspired by your creativity! Beautiful choice of fabric!


    I'd love for you to link this up @ Show & Share--

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lamp shade is amazing! I have never seen anything like it and I love it!! So creative! We have a link party every Saturday (Strut Your Stuff Saturday) and we would love to have you come link this up!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. your lamp shade turned out so cute! and we have so many of the same fabrics - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, those accessories are beautiful! I found the nursery and it's oh so cute! Congratulations on a baby girl! I'm your newest follower from TT&J and would love to showcase the nursery on my blog. I also have a link up called Tuesday's Nursery and you can link up as many as you'd like - even your etsy things if they're decor items. (though the link said you're on break - so when you get back to that after baby comes!) Enjoy your weekend!
    Nan
    PlayfulDecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all very cute! I love your style and the fact that it is all unique to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Makes a little weepy thinking about all the prep and planning that I did waiting for my little babies to arrive. (sniff) Now they are all in school--growing up is bittersweet! Love the fabrics/colors! I love how the simplest things can have the best impact, re: the embroidery hoop art.

    Your newest follower,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies! So excited to get so much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! so many great projects! I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to read this post, it's a good one. I am always looking for quality posts and articles and this is what I found here, I hope you will be adding more in the future. Thanks for sharing. silk lamp shades

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...